The Welsh Folk Dance Society are keen to support all traditional folk dance groups and help ensure our traditions continue to thrive. One means of doing so is by offering a support and development grant. Further details and guidance are available below. If the details apply to your team please e-mail email@example.com to obtain the application form.
Guidelines for applying for a CDdWC grant – May 2019
The grant is offered to parties of mixed dancers, i.e. male and female, who promote folk dancing and clogging.
- Ideally the grant will be offered to a group of young people, but members of the Society’s working committee who will consider all applications, will be flexible in their actions;
- The successful applicants receive help and advice to set up a dance party and an initial amount as a grant;
- A maximum of £500 is provided for each application, but an additional application could be made in the second year, if there is more need from a thriving enterprise;
- Payments are made in advance for something specific e.g. hall hire, general costs etc
- A grant can be considered to help with costumes – but not to pay for a full set of costumes or clogs. In this connection, a system of matching funding (match funding) could be looked at
- A local mentor is offered to support and offer guidance to the leader / leaders of the group
- The groups should be members of the Welsh Folk Dance Society;
- You will need evidence of dedication to form a dance group and a plan to meet to practice regularly.
For an informal conversation and more details, contact the Chairman of the Cymru Folk Dance Association: Dr. John Idris Jones on 07495806077.